Subject:   K-8 applications
Author: Cathi
Date: Mar 19 2003
Mary, I was particularly interested in your question about what software is
particularly applicable to K-8. I find that Sketchpad works well with these
students, who haven't learned yet to be afraid of exploration!

A year ago, I taught an online class to teachers, and had a kindergarten teacher
and a 6th grade teacher in my class. They did a wonderful project with their
students. First the 6th graders learned how to use Sketchpad, and then mentored
the kindergarteners one-on-one in the computer lab.

They did some wonderful projects, on symmetry and geometric shapes. You can see
their work at the following web page:
http://www.k12.hi.us/~mathappl/imWendyNoni.htm

yes  no

Discussion Help