Subject:   ed research
Author: Alice
Date: Mar 27 2003
I believe that the reason educational research is considered unreliable is
because the stats are not always true.

Over 90% of the stats that have been generated from my teaching since 1979 are
not true.

Since I am one person, I assume this has frequently happened to others for
whatever reasons, and we have kept relatively quiet about them for whatever
reasons.

What it does is make us not trust other ed. research that we read.

Thus we each have had to reinvent the wheel and use our own judgement about
others' lessons all the time to find out what works.

It's great for our personal growth and development as individual teachers, since
we need to use higher order thinking skills often, but fosters highly contested
research.

yes  no

Discussion Help