Subject:   middle school spreadsheets
Author: Andy
Date: Mar 27 2003
Spreadsheets of course are referenced quite extensively in the Chicago
Transition Math text.  (dont know if they keep doing that in the upper level
texts??)

I find, however, that the kids who havent' been exposed to spreadsheets before
don't get it when their first exposure is in the book.  Getting them onto the
machines and talking about cells and formulas seems *essential* for them to be
able to do any book work with spreadsheets!

However- with 4 machines and a class of 16- (I consider myself lucky by the way
to have this ratio) --- but I still haven't come up with a good way to rotate
them all through machines with coaching.  Ah... I think we've read about this
problem before.

yes  no

Discussion Help