Subject:   Quiz
Author: susan
Date: May 20 2003
Wow, I really got some of you riled with this quiz.  I should let you know that
I am writing an online course, and the quiz was just one link that I used for
students to practice the content that had been presented in other ways.  To me,
it was a thinking quiz.  So much of what you see about the mean, median and mode
is about calculation, not when to use each.  To me, the whole point of the quiz
was to help them think about the advantages and disadvantages of each without
the calculations.  I think in this case, both the technology was appropriate,
because it was online, and the content was appropriate, because it let them self
check on conceptual understanding.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:
Math 7