Subject:   quiz
Author: grc
Date: May 22 2003
I found the idea of an average number of legs to be fascinating.  It was like a
little gem that appeared from nowhere and was just out there, with nonobvious
implications.  It seems to me that this question serves as a little morsel for
thinking, not only about the question itself, but about the ways in which we go
about thinking.  And it's a nonthreatening type of question.  Then the responses
generated were compelling.

I think of this little cluster of conversation as a firefly on the discussion
boards.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:
Math 7