Subject:   x is not equal to y
Author: Chuck
Date: Jun 3 2003
Back in the old, old days before "what you see is what you get" graphics
displays we used to write "x <> y".

We were also allowed to place the period at the end of a sentence outside quote
marks under certain conditions.

The real answer to your question is to ask what kind of software your are using:
a word processor, the TI83 Calculator, Mathematica, ... etc.

Thank you for your question.  It shows the need for a forum where we can get
technical support for the use of technology in our math teaching.

yes  no

Discussion Help