Subject:   Thanks for trying
Author: Susan
Date: Sep 17 2003
Thanks for trying to help me.  Let me try to clarify the issue.  The students
are given a picture of a box on paper, with dashed lines for hidden edges.  The
problems often ask them to give the edge that is the intersection of say, the
bottom of the box and the back.  Or, conversely, they are given an edge and
asked to name two planes that intersect at that edge.  My idea was to find
something that does this with a 3D image in 2D.  I've tried a hands on model and
put labels on a box, but it doesn't help, because the interpretation of the
diagram is the issue.  These are LD students in 10th grade.  So the applet would
show the box, and then let them click on the sides to see the edge of
intersection.

yes  no

Discussion Help