Subject:   George's research challenge
Author: Ihor
Date: Oct 5 2003
Hi George,
I'm tutoring my 25 year nephew to try to finally pass a beginning college
algebra class. (He's failed 5 times.) Last week I was showing him with paper and
pencil how to think about solving equations with unknowns on both sides using
the balance beam idea. He was starting to get a glimmer of understanding. I just
forwarded him the java applet you suggested in your pan balance project. I have
a feeling he may have a major breakthrough after this. By the way, this kid who
can't do this kind of algebra is very computer literate and designs webpages in
his spare time.
Best wishes - Ihor

yes  no

Discussion Help