Subject:   Derivative Applet
Author: Gene
Date: Nov 10 2003
Hi Leigh—

I enjoyed playing with the Derivative Applet. It has some real potential, I
believe.

Things I think might improve it:
• It would be useful to be able to be able to set the size of the box in which
the graph of the function appears.
• As you move the slider, the motion of the tangent line seems a bit jumpy.
Maybe have a bigger slider so that a bigger slider movement makes  a smaller
tangent line movement?
• I put in a function incorrectly and the "Error in Function" box wouldn't go
away.

Let me know when you'd like me to try again!

I'll try your other applet tomorrow.

yes  no

Discussion Help