Subject:   Math formulas in pure HTML
Author: polarprof
Date: Nov 16 2003
Have you had any trouble inserting math formulas in your web pages? I too. I
experimented with images, applets and MathML. Eventually I found the simplest
way is HTML with CSS.
If you want to experiment this, go at this address:

http://www.polarprof.it/easypedit/editexpr.asp

You have to write your formula in line in the textbox Formula, then you press
CREA HTML button, and in the central textarea you'll see the HTML code, and
below it the formula as it will appear on your page. Pressing COPIA HTML button
you copy the HTML code in the Windows clipboard, and then you can paste it into
your web page (at the source level).
The instructions are mainly in italian, but I think it's not difficult to
understand the thing. If someone is interested I could translate them to
English.
The syntax you should use to write the formula is described in this page:
http://www.polarprof.it/easypexpr/hlpEpE2.htm
where the examples are self-explicating.
If someone tries it, I would appreciate suggestions, complains, etc.

yes  no

Discussion Help