Subject:   Lorentz Attractor
Author: Sione
Date: Nov 27 2003
Reena,

Do you have MatLab (copy) in your machine?

If not , then there would be no point of
trying to get the MatLab code for the
"Lorentz Attractor" (chaotic attractors) because
it only runs on Machine where matLab is installed.
However if you do not have a copy , then buy a student
version which is about ~ $200 U.S , from any
campus bookstore (or order through them). All versions of MatLab (commercial &
academic) contain the "Lorentz Attractor" in it. Besides, I would not give you
the code
because I am breaking my license agreement
with MathWorks for a single copy license that
I bought. I 'll see if I can write a Java version
at some stage in the future and depoly it here (MathForum) as an applet where
you can use.

Would you mind me asking what is your interest in
this area?

The reason is because, I am interested in this area too,
where some members of our scientific computing group
are applying chaos and non-linear dynamics to:

- Financial times series predictive modelling of market stock price  variations.

- Stability of semi-conductor lasers in optical components for building
telecommunication networks (eg: fibre optics, optical amplifiers, optical
multi-plexers, etc).

- Weather pattern prediction modelling for insurance industry.

- Stability of Control systems (digital control) in process control industry (
chemical manufacturing , dairy processing industry, etc).

- and many more...

You need a preliminary course in differential equations to be able to understand
"chaos & non-linear dynamic".

Cheers,
Sione.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:
Number Worlds: Visual and experimental access to elementary number theory concepts support

Discussion Help