Subject:   Caesars I, II, III
Author: Bethany
Date: Jan 27 2004
Chris,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the tool.  There are two other versions of Caesar
Cipher, though I don't think they are exactly what you're looking for, you may
still find them of use:

http://www.shodor.org/interactivate/activities/caesar2/index.html

and

http://www.shodor.org/interactivate/activities/caesar3/index.html

Caesar Cipher 2 encodes text for you, but then it is the users responsibility to
determine what the multiplier and add-on must be to decode it.

Caesar Cipher 3 has some pre-defined coded text and the user is supposed to
decipher the message.

Let me know what you think, I'm always appreciative to have teacher
feedback.

Bethany
Interactivate Project Manager

On Jan 27, 2004, Chris Koeppen wrote:

The Caesar Cipher tool seems to be a real interesting tool combining both
mathematics and historical information that students and adults alike do not
know or even learn in their childhood education. I especially like how it
employs modular arithmatic, a somtimes seeminly dry topic in the classroom and
makes it interesting. I am interested in if there is a way to reverse the coding
so that you can take a coded text and use the tool and different variables to
get the original text back. I just may have not looked at it close enough yet
but was wondering if anyone knows anything about that from prior usage.

Thanks,
Chris

yes  no
Visit related discussions: