Subject:   2001^2001
Author: ycc
Date: Jul 31 2004
This is an interesting question posted by my friend. See any one have idea:

Add all the digits of 2001^2001 (2001 to the power of 2001). Then, add all the
digits of the sum again. What is the result?

(A general question is: can we have an algorithm (or clever method) to find the
result of the above mechanism for any n^n.)

You may use any known result in number theory.

I tried some simple case, but cannot see any possible patterns.

yes  no

Discussion Help