Subject:   RE: Creativity and intuition
Author: Craig
Date: Aug 4 2004
Intuition can be great; my challenge, as a teacher of gifted students, is to
extract from the intuitive student an explanation that will help others to
develop.  This serves two purposes--it gives others an alternative
explanation, and it builds abstract reasoning skills in the intuitor.

I agree with Moursund that math intuition can't be a result of applying the same
solution technique as a result of repetition... except for, possibly, the
"repetition" of making quick connections to earlier problem solving skills and
experiences.  From that standpoint, having the intuitor explain will also build
on that "success base," furthering chance of "intuition" in a later setting.

yes  no

Discussion Help