Subject:   RE: Balancing the drill
Author: PeterA
Date: Jun 19 2011
I'm not sure if seventh grade students could construct a triangle given the
length of three sides, because I teach middle school math teachers, not middle
school students. We use Geometer's Sketchpad, which makes this kind of
exploration easier. I think SSS is important to get to early, and might try
having students "construct" the triangle using balsa wood sticks which they
could cut to length. But your implication that this is too tough for 7th graders
may be correct, I don't know.

yes  no

Discussion Help