Subject:   RE: Cost vs. benefit of using technology
Author: Alan Cooper
Date: Aug 25 2004
On Aug  5 2004, Joel Duffin wrote:
> . . . what about a new technology would make it worth using?

Any and all of the above (as in your original posting)
But not without reservation.

Technology is attractive in its own right to some, but it is a barrier to
others, so I prefer to see it as an option rather than a requirement.

In the calculators vs computers debate, my main resistance to calculators comes
from the fact that requiring all students to use them gives the false impression
that they are necessary rather than just helpful. So, to me, the fact that the
computers may only be available occasionally is actually an advantage.

yes  no

Discussion Help