Subject:   RE: Computer Tools at PreK2
Author: tackweed
Date: Aug 26 2004
Correspondent Teach Math brings up valid points.  In general though, I would
have to say that I am seeing too many students these days who do not have
experience working with real objects (i.e., blocks) and too much of their
experience is via TV or computer.  I agree that there are places where some
computer simulation would be beneficial - but those might be more in language
then math.

I assume that the computer should be used to investigate those things which
cannot be immediately experienced - not take the place of what should be a
physical experience.

yes  no

Discussion Help