Subject:   RE: Computer Tools at PreK2
Author: Mathman
Date: Sep 26 2004
On Aug 26 2004, Bethany wrote:
> I have some concern, and I've heard it voiced by other teachers who
> teach at this level too, that using computer tools to explore
> mathematics is really NOT appropriate.

Hi,

Not only at that level, but at higher levels also.  the computer ocmputes.  It
is a powerful instrument ...much too powerful for those not ready for it.  There
is much to teach the very young, and even those not so very young first.

Would someone please show me one single example in mathematics prior to
university that can be neither taught well nor practiced without a computer?
Why should the very young need the tools of those who have already mastered the
basics?

Regards,
David.

yes  no