Subject:   Math Computer Labs and the student of special needs
Author: emm
Date: Oct 2 2004
Hello, all!

I wish to hear of your experiences with regard to the use of
software/computer-based, student-paced math teaching of the student with
special needs: prehaps poor reading comprehension, LD, ADD or emotional
disturbance.  Do you see it as effective?  Or as not appropriate?

I am teaching in such a setting, and while I am a very diligent teacher over a
class/lab of 18-22 special needs students, I find my neediest students not
receiving enough one-on-one attention.  Has anyone noticed that in
maintaining a Math Lab, there is alot of classtime consumed in just managing
-- at the level of the software -- student progress.  And that the results
of that management is not particularly timely to learn where a student is stuck
or struggling.....

No observation is too small, and all observations are valued...

Thanks

yes  no

Discussion Help