Subject:   RE: Role of MathDrag'n program in education
Author: Mathman
Date: Oct 28 2004
On Oct 28 2004, Haertchen wrote:
> I would like to know if you would find it more useful if it was
> capable of calling the kernels of such programs as Mathematica or
> Maple, providing essentially a graphical user interface to the
> massive functionality already available in these programs?

I'll have to defer at this point to the judgement of others.  Although I use
some math software extensively and have doens os for decades, I'm still very
much "old school", and see this as killing a fly with a sledge hammer.  I don't
see a real advantage over more traditional methods in this instance, I'm afraid.
Sorry about that.  for some things it is really much simpler to do the same
effort with pen and paper, and reason through the process.  It is the reasoning,
however slow, that needs the practice.

David.

yes  no

Discussion Help