Subject:   upper middle schoolers that haven't yet mastered multiplication facts
Author: Bethy
Date: Dec 6 2004
I'm about at wits end. I teach in a very small rural school (one school
district) and we have a number of students who, at 7th and 8th grade, still
don't know 75% or more of the multiplication facts. I'm not a proponent of rote
memorization, but these students need some means of quickly
retrieving/calculating this information. What does the research indicate? Does
anyone know of an effective method for equipping these students with a procedure
so that they can move ahead?

yes  no

Discussion Help