Subject:   RE: Research concerning most beneficial amount of time spent on math
Author: reese
Date: Dec 6 2004
Hi Tara,

I have been doing a small literature search through the ERIC database to find
what studies there have been on the amount of time spent on math. I don't find
much. Rather, what I see echoes what "ten frame lady" says, which is the quality
is more important than the quantity.

There was an interesting study from about 15 years ago that found peer tutoring
to be more cost effective than smaller class size or computer assisted
instruction. Of course, that was 15 years ago!
(Levin, H. M. (1987). Cost-effectiveness of computer-assisted instruction.
Evaluation Review, 11(1), 50-72.)

George

yes  no

Discussion Help