Subject:   RE: upper middle schoolers that haven't yet mastered multiplication facts
Author: Mathman
Date: Dec 6 2004
On Dec  6 2004, Bethy wrote:
> I'm about at wits end. I teach in a very small rural school (one
> school district) and we have a number of students who, at 7th and
> 8th grade, still don't know 75% or more of the multiplication facts.
> I'm not a proponent of rote memorization, but these students need
> some means of quickly retrieving/calculating this information. What
> does the research indicate? Does anyone know of an effective method
> for equipping these students with a procedure so that they can move
> ahead?

I don't see your email address [and don't publish mine], however, if you can
provide it I'll send you some materials and explanaiton on their use ...which
spreadsheet do you use?  Excel? Quattor Pro?

Just as an aside, the world is made of all people from A to Z, and we all have
our bag of hammers.  You will find those having similar difficulty in any public
school.

David.

yes  no

Discussion Help