Subject:   RE: upper middle schoolers that haven't yet mastered multiplication facts
Author: rabeldin
Date: Jan 3 2005
At least some of this problem is simply due to promoting students who haven't
mastered their assignments. Grade inflation happens if we don't demand
excellence. I taught basic statistics with a four test format and the
requirement that each student reach 100% by repeating the test (actually a
structurally similar test with different data). Some students reported that this
was the first time anyone ever expected them to succeed and they appreciated it.
It will take some ingenuity to develop such tests but they are well worth it.

yes  no

Discussion Help