Subject:   RE: geometry
Author: Mathman
Date: Jan 6 2005

http://regentsprep.org/Regents/math/poly/JavaIntAngles.htm
> http://regentsprep.org/Regents/math/poly/JavaExtAngles.htm
> http://regentsprep.org/Regents/math/poly/JavaRegular.htm

Geometers' Sketchpad, CaR, and other software do similar imagery.  One major
problem I have is that people tend to accept this as proof, whereas it is more
properly demonstration.  The actual proof is not that difficult, and is in fact
introductory in the study of geometry, and I'd rather see such demonstrations
used for more difficult concepts.

That's just an opinion from an old-school addict who loves Euclid.

yes  no
Visit related discussions:
Geometry

Discussion Help