Subject:   RE: Converting fractions to decimals and vice versa
Author: mmckelve
Date: Jan 8 2005
On Jan  7 2005, ihor wrote:

> Since when does .16 x 100 = 16% ?

In their defense, they didn't actually say
  .16 x 100 = 16%
What they said was:
  .16 x 100 => 16%
You'll notice that's not an equal sign, but more of an arrow.
Yes, .16 x 100 = 16, not 16%, but if you look at it in the context that they're
presenting, this is exactly how we learn to figure out percentages from
decimals--we move the decimal 2 places to the right and we have a
percentage.

     --Michael--

yes  no

Discussion Help