Subject:   RE: Mathematical maturity and lower-order knowledge & skills
Author: rabeldin
Date: Jan 9 2005
As long as the requirements for advancement are in the hands of those who favor
social promotion over testing for skills and knowledge, we will continue to have
classes with a mish-mash of students. I see one answer but it would give
teachers more power than the administrators.

My proposal is that students must earn their entry into a course. The instructor
should test on the prerequisites on the first day of class. Any students who
can't demonstrate their skills this way are refused entry into the class,
regardless of any other considerations.

yes  no

Discussion Help