Subject:   RE: upper middle schoolers that haven't yet mastered multiplication facts
Author: reese
Date: Jan 28 2005
On Jan 27 2005, rabeldin wrote:

I think that
> identifying teachers and tests as the causal agents is nearly
> universal.

Yes, but I was somewhat surprised to see it. I would add to this that it wasn't
always a tone of blame. When they did credit or blame, they  might mention other
factors, including their own effort or lack thereof. But they all seemed to have
significant events around a teacher interaction or a test that epitomized their
experience one way or the other when they reflected back on their math lives. I
should mention too, this was hardly a scientific study. But I thought it apropos
to the thread.

-George

yes  no

Discussion Help