Subject:   RE: New Balance beam Activity on the Matti site
Author: gerirose
Date: Mar 4 2005
Ihor, Joel,
     I just tried the equation that Ihor suggested and had to go in a very round
about way to get a solution.  It was impossible for me to subtract 3 (or add
-3) to each side.  I ended up having to subtract 1 three times.  Unfortunately
I lost the screen before I could made a screenshot.  geri

On Mar  4 2005, ihor wrote:
> Joel,
using the Algebra Balance Scales - negatives (gr 6-8) I
> created this equation

-2x + 3 = x - 9

which I tried to solve.

http://matti.usu.edu/nlvm/nav/frames_asid_324_g_3_t_2.html?open=instructions