Subject:   3D grapher required
Author: Mathman
Date: Apr 6 2005
Hi,

I'm trying to assist a colleague and at the same time satisfy my own curiosity.
I have already available some hefty software for producing graphs of multiple 3D
functions and allowing easy rotation either with keyboard or mouse
[prefereable.]  The intent here is to graph a system of three planes in 3D [i.e.
3 equations, 3 variables], to have them show as filled planes, not just mesh,
show numbered axes, and to be able to rotates to see relative position and
intersections if any.  I'd have died for this when teaching vector algebra.
There is a number of free programs that will graph a single function and behave
satisfactorily, but I've seen none free to do the above for three planes, and
I've ben lookin a longtime now off an on.  If anyone knows of any such free
programs I'd apprecaiate knowing.  The reason for a need for free is to teach to
students who simply can not afford the larger programs like Maple, Mupad etc.
Also they are far more than the students will need.  I think there is a real
need for a program like Mupad, but with more limited functionality, as needed
for high school studies.  The larger programs are geared more for
college/university studies.

Thanks.

David.

yes  no