Subject:   Continuity and student learning outcomes
Author: Jimbo
Date: Aug 29 2005
In our senior secondary college we are about to undergo a review of our
timetable structure.  The feeling here at the moment is that longer lessons
during a week (and hence fewer contacts with students) will improve student
learning outcomes.  I have a gut feeling that, in mathematics, I'd like to see
the students more often for shorter periods of time.  Does anyone know of any
current quantitative research along these lines that I might view to put my mind
at rest one way or another?

yes  no

Discussion Help