Subject:   Tool for Solving Math Word Problems
Author: cmk
Date: Sep 12 2006
Hello all,

I've developed a program called Thinking Blocks that teaches students in grades
3 to 5 how to model and solve word problems. Students manipulate blocks and
cubes onscreen to create a visual representation of the underlying math
concepts. The guided practice sets walk students through the process and provide
constructive feedback. The independent practice section helps students
transition from concrete models to drawing models on paper. I'm working on
similar programs for ratios, fractions, and percent. I would really appreciate
any feedback you could provide.

Thank you!

Colleen
http://www.ThinkingBlocks.com