Subject:   RE: Tool for Solving Math Word Problems
Author: cmk
Date: Nov 5 2006
On Nov  4 2006, penny_zf wrote:

Maybe adding a few other problem
> solving strategies might provide greater coverage of solving word
> problems.

Thanks for your suggestion. I focused on the model method because it is not
widely known in the US and because I think it is more versatile than other
problem solving methods. In a few months, I will have more challenging programs
available that feature fractions, ratios, and percentages. You will be amazed by
the level of difficulty of the word problems and the simplicity of the solution
based on the model method. It's quite impressive!

cmk

yes  no

Discussion Help