Subject:   RE: Rotating functions about lines
Author: Craig
Date: Apr 5 2007
On Apr  5 2007, Math Goddess wrote:
> Is there a site where you can enter a function to rotate it about a
> line to illustrate volumes of solids of revolution?  I can find
> examples but none that you can interact with.

I'm happy to take this opportunity to recommend, again, a great applet:  it's
the "lathe," at http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool/16778/

This won't do EXACTLY what you want... you can't enter a function formula, but
you can plot function values and watch the solid of rotation as it develops.
Once it's done, you can move it around as if it were a real object, turning it
around backwards, etc.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Web Site Help Discussion discussion

Discussion Help