Subject:   Algebra 1 Teaching
Author: jlbmagic
Date: Apr 16 2007
Hey all.
Can anyone give me suggestions on great books that give tips on how to teach
Algebra 1?  I'm not really looking for a text book at this point (my new school
will have that) but a source that guides me through coming at the subject at a
conceptual level.  For example, working with the distributive property: what
activities would best help the students understand what that is all about?

I'm going to be teaching Algebra 1 for the first time next year.  I'm confident
that I can do it, since I have a conceptual frame of mind in teaching math.  I
can look at what the text presents and develop more conceptually based lessons,
but if anyone knows of good sources, please share them with me.

Thanks
Jb

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Web Site Help Discussion discussion

Discussion Help