Subject:   RE: Algebra 1 Teaching
Author: cs4114
Date: Apr 16 2007
One textbook to look at is Discovering Algebra which is published by Key
Curriculum Press. I truly believe that a functions-based algebra course
with emphasis on multiple representations is very important. For example,
solving a linear equation is a traditional Algebra I topic which should be
supported by tables and graphs not just mindless symbolic manipulation. Lots of
problems in real world situations.
There are many websites with some very good instructional strategies.

Cindy

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Web Site Help Discussion discussion

Discussion Help