Subject:   RE: Rotating functions about lines
Author: Jean-Jacques
Date: Apr 23 2007
On Apr  5 2007, Math Goddess wrote:
> Is there a site where you can enter a function to rotate it about a
> line to illustrate volumes of solids of revolution?  I can find
> examples but none that you can interact with.

Is there software??
It is possible to do that with Cabri 3D; I have shown that during my
presentation in Chicago (T3) and you can read the paper in which you have the
explanations:
http://www.baskow.com/client/t32007/handouts/Saturday/409-DAHAN.pdf
If you need the files I have presented I can send them. With the plug in of
Cabri 3D you can insert these files in a word document in a powerpoint
presentation or in a web site.
It is also possible to do that in another way with Autograph:
http://www.autograph-maths.com/
You can see what is possible with it in some turbo-demo online very well
done.
Sincerely
Jean-Jacques Dahan
IREM Toulouse FRANCE

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Web Site Help Discussion discussion

Discussion Help