Subject:   RE: Tutorial software for high school algebra
Author: rfant
Date: Jul 19 2007
On Jul 17 2007, Linda in CA wrote:
> SGB
If you find a program like that I hope you will post here and
> let us know.  I homeschooled my Grandson for 2 years and we were
> just getting into Algebra.  I was completely lost.  I have done
> bookkeeping for years, and I have trained other people on how to use
> Gas Station Accounting Software.  Put an Algebra problem (beyond x
> +3 = 6) and I am lost.  I will not be able to help him with his
> homework, and Math is his worst subject.  I have been reading here
> for a few months, but most of the posts are for regular teachers,
> and seem to be over my head.

Hi Linda,

This suggestion is not quite as sophisticated as this other person described but
it might help you until such a program is found.  Not to mention, it's FREE.

Look at this website and pick a topic, then pick a book.
My district, uses Glencoe's Algebra and this program goes right along with it.

http://www.hippocampus.org/

A real good place for your grandson to ask questions is:
http://math247.jot.com/WikiHome

Good Luck,

Robert

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Software Help Discussion discussion

Discussion Help