Subject:   RE: Best Desktop Publisher for Geometer's Sketchpad Files
Author: Cuts
Date: Apr 5 2009
Hi Craig,
I have the same problem - combining multiple Word and GSP files into a single
PDF file - for my dissertation. I wonder what worked best for you?
Anthony

On Aug 11 2008, Geomaster wrote:
> Does anyone know the best desktop publisher for compiling Geometer's
> Sketchpad drawings into a single document?

I need to compile a
> combination of various Word documents and GSP files into a single
> document, a huge book, a "Teacher's Edition!"

Out of the 450-500
> pages now ready to be placed into the book, there will be around 40
> or so pages from Word while the other 400-450 pages will be composed
> of single-page Geometer Sketchpad (GSP) files.  All of those GSP
> files will have to be individually opened and then copied over into
> the desktop publisher, so I need a software package/publisher that
> is really easy and straightforward to work with (and one which will
> not alter the GSP drawings in any way).

Please understand my
> problem: I cannot use Word (I refuse to use Word!). The dilemma is
> this: To cut and paste all of the 450 GSP files into a single Word
> document is mickey-mouse because Word allows unacceptable
> inaccuracies in the sketches (for instance, geometry points are
> obviously "off" compared to the way they appear/print in the GSP
> program).  The results are a disgrace to the great sketches put out
> by GSP!!  And I certainly would not put out such trash.

Please,
> what is the best, easiest, and most accurate desktop publisher to
> use for compiling all my Word and GSP files so I can build a single,
> 500-page document to call "the book" and afterwards convert it to a
> pdf?

(There is no need for a "Table of Contents" function as I am
> manually paginating the book.)

Please, help me find some solid
> leads so I can get this thing done before the summer ends!

Many
> thanks,
Craig

yes  no