Subject:   RE: Best Desktop Publisher for Geometer's Sketchpad Files
Author: hypatiam
Date: Apr 13 2009

This may be over-simplified, but what about just using a screen shot?

I love the program Gadwin Printscreen (download for free, just do a google
search) which let's you select what part of the screen you want to take a
picture of, copies it to the clipboard or saves it as a file (whatever you set
it to - and it saves as .jpg), and you can just insert into whichever program
you are using.

If you decide to use OpenOffice, you should just be able to open the Word files
directly from that without having to convert anything.  You will probably have
to fix some formatting anyways (the last time I tried using it, I had problems
with it getting everything exactly right in terms of tables, columns, etc.).
According to the website for Open Office, you can then export the file as a .pdf
- I am assuming without having Adobe Acrobat installed.

That's the way I make all my worksheets - I design them in Word, pictures and
everything, then print as a .pdf file so all my students can download it from my
website.

-Shelley

yes  no

Discussion Help