Subject:   RE: Best Desktop Publisher for Geometer's Sketchpad Files
Author: mhall7265
Date: Feb 27 2010
Hi guys,

I have a similar situation: 150 GSP files to print out, yet no way to easily do
so. Basically, I've called GSP, and they say right clicking on the file and
selecting Print is not a viable option as to how the script is configured
(similar to how you can do with Word files). To print these out, they say I have
to inidividually open them up and print them out. Then I run into the problem of
knowing which one is which, and again, they say to insert a text box with the
file name... TOO MUCH TIME FOR 150 FILES! There's no way to have a footer with
the file name printed on there.

Any suggestions you guys come upon would be greatly appreciated.

With regard to the original thread, I would consider printing to OneNote or
something similar from Office 2007, copying it to PowerPoint to easily crop it,
then saving it as a picture.

Thanks,
~Michael

On Apr  5 2009, Cuts wrote:
> Hi Craig,
I have the same problem - combining multiple Word and GSP
> files into a single PDF file - for my dissertation. I wonder what
> worked best for you?
Anthony

On Aug 11 2008, Geomaster wrote:

> Does anyone know the best desktop publisher for compiling Geometer's
> > Sketchpad drawings into a single document?

I need to compile a
> > combination of various Word documents and GSP files into a single
> > document, a huge book, a "Teacher's Edition!"

Out of the 450-
> 500
> pages now ready to be placed into the book, there will be
> around 40
> or so pages from Word while the other 400-450 pages
> will be composed
> of single-page Geometer Sketchpad (GSP) files.
> All of those GSP
> files will have to be individually opened and
> then copied over into
> the desktop publisher, so I need a software
> package/publisher that
> is really easy and straightforward to work
> with (and one which will
> not alter the GSP drawings in any way).
> Please understand my
> problem: I cannot use Word (I refuse to use
> Word!). The dilemma is
> this: To cut and paste all of the 450 GSP
> files into a single Word
> document is mickey-mouse because Word
> allows unacceptable
> inaccuracies in the sketches (for instance,
> geometry points are
> obviously "off" compared to the way they
> appear/print in the GSP
> program).  The results are a disgrace to
> the great sketches put out
> by GSP!!  And I certainly would not
> put out such trash.

Please,
> what is the best, easiest, and
> most accurate desktop publisher to
> use for compiling all my Word
> and GSP files so I can build a single,
> 500-page document to call
> "the book" and afterwards convert it to a
> pdf?

(There is no
> need for a "Table of Contents" function as I am
> manually
> paginating the book.)

Please, help me find some solid
> leads so
> I can get this thing done before the summer ends!

Many
> thanks,
> Craig

yes  no