Subject:   HTML5 and MathML: Internet Explorer 9 is Broken
Author: Mr.MathType
Date: Aug 26 2010
I have some good news and some bad news. First, the good news is HTML5 includes
MathML and has been embraced by all browser vendors. Now the bad news. MathML
support is broken in IE9 and we see no evidence that Microsoft will fix this
problem unless they are made to understand how important MathML support is to
the STEM and education communities. MathML is also an important key to insuring
math accessibility to the blind and sight-impaired, as well as those with
certain learning disabilities. While we applaud Microsoft for promising to
support HTML5 with Internet Explorer 9, we hope that you will join us in
encouraging them to fix the small bug that is currently preventing MathML from
working in HTML5 pages. Please publicize the issue with whatever resources you
have: personal blogs, tweets, forum posts, comments on other people's blog
posts, etc.

Read the whole story:
http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathplayer/tech/MathMLinHTML5.htm.

Thanks,
Bob Mathews
Design Science

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Software Help Discussion discussion

Discussion Help