Subject:   RE: Magic Square Java Applet - Macintosh testing
Author: Suzanne Alejandre
Date: Dec 6 2003
Pavel Safronov a programmer at MSTE has worked on the applet that Jill would
like updated. His revised version is here right now:

   http://www.mste.uiuc.edu/pavel/java/magicsquares/

I use a Macintosh running OS 10.2.8 and I tried this new version on the three
browsers that I currently have on my machine. It seemed to work well on these
two:

  Safari 1.0.1 v85.6
  Internet Explorer 5.2.3

It did not work on Netscape Communicator 4.77 giving the error:
"Applet MagPuz can't start: error: Java.lang.ClassFormatError: Bad major version
number."

For fun I also tried the "original version"

   http://mathforum.org/alejandre/java/magpuz/MagPuz.html

using the same machine and the same browsers. It was just the opposite. It
worked using Netscape Communicator 4.77 but it did not work in either Safari
1.0.1 v85.6 or Internet Explorer 5.2.3.

If you have a Macintosh and are interested in testing this applet, please let us
know your results. Include the OS, browser, and version that you used.

Thanks!

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Magic Square Java Applet tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help