Subject:   RE: Graph Sketcher
Author: tackweed
Date: Jun 6 2004
While I have not used this specific tool in the classroom, I am an advocate for
using the computer over the graphing calculator - especially in the middle
school level. Some of the pragmatic reasons are size, color, and no
batteries.

A variation of this program from the same source
( http://mathforum.org/mathtools/tool.html?id=301 ) has proven very useful,
especially with the Connected Math program.

2D/3D function plotter v2.2, a JavaScript by Patrick Dostert
(patrick.dostert@cie.etat.lu - or do a search using the title) allows for some
different size plots and generally loads faster for those of us at the mercy of
slow phone lines. This is one I provide for students to use on their homework
assignments.

My personal preference is for a stand-alone program called WinPlot
( http://math.exeter.edu/rparris/winplot.html )
Which allows for multiple plots in different colors and duplicates all the
apparent functions of the graphing calculator including tables.  This
application is free - and has a network version. I have had this installed in
out media center lab to allow each student the opportunity to do their own
plots.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Graph Sketcher tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help