Subject:   Magic Squares Applet Fixed!
Author: Michael McKelvey
Date: Jun 23 2004
Earlier this year there was some discussion in this forum about problems with
the Magic Squares applet.  I'm one of the programmers who worked on fixing the
applet.  While we did end up getting it working in January, I just recently
realized that we never posted anything to this discussion board to let people
browsing through here know about it.  The original applet is still located at
the same URL ( http://mathforum.org/alejandre/java/magpuz/MagPuz.html ) and works
on some browsers.  The new applet is located at the following URL, and works on
some browsers: http://www.mste.uiuc.edu/java/michael/magicsquares.
Between the two applets, we have most browsers covered.

George Reese also wrote up a description of the process in March 2004:
http://mathforum.org/mathtools/research/march2004.html

     --Michael--

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Magic Square Java Applet tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help