Subject:   RE: Midsegment of a rectangle?
Author: Alan Cooper
Date: Dec 8 2004
...and then there's the follow-up question ("part (b)" if you like):

Is it possible to find *any* non-trapezoidal example of a quadrilateral for
which the distance between the midpoints of two non-adjacent sides is equal to
the average of the lengths of the other two sides?

Alan

P.S. I am firmly in the camp of those who consider parallelograms to be
trapezoidal so I wouldn't consider a parallelogram or rectangle to be examples
of what I am asking for.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Dynamic Geometry Exploration: Properties of the Midsegment of a Trapezoid tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help