Subject:   RE: Midsegment of a rectangle?
Author: Alan Cooper
Date: Dec 10 2004
On Dec  9 2004, Mathman wrote:
> I had thought you were asking if there
> were quadrilaterals other than the trapezoid that had this property.
Yes, that is what I was asking.
I interpreted Cynthia's question (and your original answer) as dealing with the
question of whether *all* quadrilaterals have the property.(It seemed to me that
your answer was proving this false by providing some examples of
non-trapezoids which do not have the property - which does not prove that
there are no examples of non-trapezoids that do have the property)
Alan

P.S. Of course I may have misread you - it is easy to get confused when the
negation of "any X is Y" is not the same as "there is not any X that is Y"

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Dynamic Geometry Exploration: Properties of the Midsegment of a Trapezoid tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help