Subject:   RE: More on What is a Trapezoid
Author: Alan Cooper
Date: Dec 11 2004
On Dec 10 2004, lanius wrote:
> I'd like to hear more about the original discussion
> that I was trying to generate here.
Sorry if I took the discussion "off track"

With regard to the two definitions I don't have much to add myself. But I really
like the philosophy expressed in Susan's "Textbook?" post (which somehow seems
not to be visible in this topic even though it appears to be a direct response
to the same message as this one)
Susan says:
> We used to use the Integrated Mathematics series by McDougall
> Littell, and in Integrated II, this exact question is posed
> to the students!  It asks the students to explain why the two
> definitions are different...I usually discuss both definitions
> in class, but use whichever one their text uses just so there
> isn't any confusion.

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Dynamic Geometry Exploration: Properties of the Midsegment of a Trapezoid tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help