Subject:   RE: More on What is a Trapezoid
Author: Alice
Date: Jan 1 2005
These are the kinds of questions we should encourage the students to generate.
They should be shown two or more conflicting definitions in textbooks and
decide, as this discussion has, what would change if we altered the definition.
Then they could go on to answer Cynthias initial question. What a great geometry
course that would be.
Then they will really understand what math is and what mathematicians do..and
not just gifted kids either....but any students who can pass a geometry course.
Great discussion!!!

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Dynamic Geometry Exploration: Properties of the Midsegment of a Trapezoid tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help