Subject:   Fraction Track Revisited
Author: ihor
Date: May 2 2005
Hi,
I'm working on a fractions project with 6th grade teachers and students. I tried
the Fraction Track game and found it was too difficult/confusing for many of the
students. I came back with a revised manipulative (non computer) version of it
that used dice rolls to determine the fraction and the "moves". This limited the
tracks to denominators up to 6 instead of 10. It went much better. It helped
that they could manipulate fraction strips to figure out possibilities for the
game. I'll be using a revised version on Thursday and will share details about
it here.
-Ihor

yes  no
Post a new topic to the Fraction Track tool Discussion discussion

Discussion Help